ⓘ Amplify's Coronavirus Response

Reporting a Lost Debit Card or Credit Card

Worried your Amplify card might be lost or stolen? Here's how to report a lost debit card or credit card to our team.

Written By Matthew Monagle (Member Support)

Updated at April 11th, 2022

Your debit and credit cards are two of the most important keys to your financial security. Keeping them safe - and quickly reporting them as missing to your financial institution if you fear they've been lost or stolen - will help you avoid unauthorized charges to your bank accounts. In this section, we'll provide you with the contact information for our card departments and let you know what documents to keep when your debit or credit card is missing or stolen.


  • Members can report a lost or stolen debit card by calling us at (800) 528-2273.
  • To report a lost or stolen credit card you can call us at (800) 558-3424.

How Do I Report a Lost Debit Card?

Once you are aware that your Mastercard Debit Card has been lost or stolen, we encourage you to contact our customer service team immediately using our consumer debit card and business debit card phone numbers. We will work with you to have your current card canceled and a replacement card sent to the address on file.

  • Debit Card Support: (800) 528-2273
  • International Debit Card Support: (812) 647-9794

To report a lost Visa® or American Express® credit card, we also encourage you to act quickly to have the card canceled and the charges reviewed. Please note that these numbers are different from our credit card. 

  • Member Credit Card Support:(800) 558-3424
  • Business Member Credit Card Support:(866) 552-8855

On their website, the Federal Trade Commission recommends immediately reporting the loss or theft of credit cards, debit cards, and ATM cards. This will help you limit your liability for potential charges you did not authorize. As noted on the FTC website, once you report the loss of your card, "you cannot be held liable for unauthorized transfers that occur after that time." For more information on the federal rules regarding fraudulent charges, visit the "Money & Credit" part of the Consumer Information section on the FTC website.

What Documentation Will I Need To Provide Regarding My Lost or Stolen Card?

Our team will notify you if any additional documentation is required to verify your card information. However, as noted on the "Money & Credit" section of the FTC website, there are additional steps you can take for your own record-keeping. These include writing a follow-up letter to Amplify Credit Union and sending it by certified mail, providing you with proof that your notice has been received. If so inclined, you can mail notices to the following address:

Amplify Credit Union
Payment & Operations Department
PO Box 85300
Austin, TX 78708-5300

Was this article helpful?

Still have a question? Contact Us